February 6, 2012

Thoughts on the Blood Angels Codex, list No.1

Aloha!

So, here is my first list...I dont know why but I have called it "Ghandi".
Anyhow, here it goes:

HQ

Reclusiarch 155
jump pack, melta bomb

ELITES

Sang. priest 90
jump pack, power weapon

Furioso dreadnought 135       
heavy flammer,frag cannon

TROOPS

10x Tactical marines 210            
melta gun, lascannon, power fist             

10x Tactical marines 200
plasma gun, plasma cannon, power weapon

10x Scouts 180
snipers, missile launcher, camo cloaks

10x Assault marines 235
2x melta guns, power fist, hand flamer


DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Drop pod 35 (for furioso)

Rhino 55 (tactical marines)
dozer blade

Rhino 55 (tactical marines)
dozer blade

FAST ATTACK

Baal predator 150
heavy bolter, dozer blade

HEAVY SUPPORT

Whirlwind 95
dozer blade

Vindicator 150
dozer blade


So here it is! My first "normal" list. So far I´ve played 4 games with it and result was 2 loses and 2 wins. I must say, those games were real relaxation after all those tense games or tournament games.

Reclusiarch and priest goes with Assault marines for fast strikes (just like in books). Tactical marines are backbone with enough firepower to face anything that galaxy can throw at them. I love plasma. Plasma is great. It is answer for almost everything.
Scouts are great with their snipers and there is always handy ML for something tougher AND with their camo cloaks, they have great cover save!

Dreadnought is old fart with frag cannon. He usually drop down, kill something and then die.

Baal predator is a "must have" in BA list. Blood angels are known for this vehicle so I must have it in my list (in game against Salamanders, Baal was destroyed without firing a single shot :D )
Whirwind?!?! I know what you think but... I JUST LOVE THAT VEHICLE! To bad it has crap rules. Maybe if it has heavy 2, one shot per launcher... but who cares?! He killed around 6 genestealers in one game and contested an objective and I was happy as pig in mud. And it´s fast vehicle. And he can move 18 inches. And I love it.
Vindicator...I look at him like this: if you send a task force like this, maybe you´ll end up attacking some fortress and laying some siege so Vindi was perfect answer.

I´ve played against ´Nids, Blood Angels, Black Templars and Salamanders. I lost against ´Nids and BA and I won against BT and Salamanders. They were all friendly games!  My next game is against Gray knights and I can hardly wait..it´s against my associate, Dredo! Maybe we will do our first BATREP so stay tuned...

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment